? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finally Here!























































Last night at around 9pm (our time, three hours behind Alabama), I arrived in Fairbanks. Of course American Airlines lost my luggage, but thankfully Trevor had reserved us a hotel room in Fairbanks and we were able to get my luggage this morning. Afterwards, Trevor showed me around and we started looking at vehicles. We needed a four-wheel-drive and something with a towing package. We were able to find an Explorer and took it for a ride up towards the Granites and the Donnely Dome (right down from our house) this afternoon. I love it. I feel much more powerful/taller/cooler than I did in the bug. Ah, who am I kidding--the bug was the bomb. We made sure to get plenty of supplies from Fairbanks, since it's 98 miles from our little town of Delta Junction.

The drive to Delta Junction was the most beautiful I've ever seen. I've honestly never seen anything so extraordinary in my life--the mountains, the Donnely Dome (which I'm hiking in a mere 2 weeks--I posted pics of it), rivers, and glaciers. It's so weird knowing that I actually live here. I feel like I'm watching Man vs. Wild when I'm riding around.

When we arrived home, I was pleasantly surprised with how well Trevor fixed things up. The housing here isn't the best, and Trevor made a good find. The furniture, etc. wasn't so bad either. Of course, however, I've got tons to do.

I'm super-tired even though it's only 10:15pm. I'm still stuck in Alabama time, so it feels much later. It's so weird trying to sleep when it's bright outside. As of now, it doesn't get dark until around midnight. It's light again as early as 4:00. This is going to take some getting used to. I've got much more to say, but I'm going to post some pictures and call it a night.

2 comments:

Elise Hollinhead said...

It looks soo beautiful there! Post more pictures of yalls house. Did you buy or are you renting? I can't wait to follow you on your journey!!

-Elise

Amy said...

Thanks! Oh, the house haha. I put it on facebook. The housing here is sparse. It's kind of a building/cabin thing in the woods. It's nothing to write home about, but it's nice on the inside ha.