? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gardening, baby moose, and George.


This weekend has been mostly rainy. But we have managed to make the best of it. I picked up some arctic flowers, castle mix, and a tomato plant. This small box of flowers/plants hardly qualifies me as a gardener, but I'm getting there. In Alaska, you really have to make the best of the summer...because in the winter, life becomes, well, cold. Really cold.


Yesterday, while riding to look at George (I'll get to that later), we saw a mama moose with two calves. It's amazing how comfortable they seem to be around humans. Here's a picture of the little family to the right.



Lastly, I've been looking everywhere for a kitten to adopt. I really miss Meow-Meow, but my granny has fallen in love with him and I can't bear to take him away and have him shipped to Alaska. He's spoiled with granny. Kittens have been really hard to find around here, but I managed to find a little white Siamese with gray ears at a local dairy farm. I forgot to take a picture of him, so this will have to do (yay google images). Trevor has been itching to have a child named George one day (I have no idea if he's pulling my leg or what) so we decided to compromise. The cat's name is now George Marshall. His eyes opened the other day, so hopefully if everything goes well, we'll have him when we get back from our Valdez trip. I really hope everything goes well. I'll be sad if something happens to George before he gets to come home.

0 comments: